I say this as a new page patroller myself:

For love of all that's sweet and holy, somebody higher up please
tighten up the technical standards for non-userfyed article creation.
Most of my PRODs and CSDs nominations are from people who simply don't
know what they are doing. In the meantime, they get to bypass the more
popular recent changes, and instead their aganist-policy creations are
clogging up the more obscure new page patrol.