On Wednesday, October 12, 2011, Thomas Morton wrote:

> All of the portraits on http://parliament.uk are copyright to
> http://dods.co.uk/
>
> It has always been in the back of my mind to approach them and ask about
> relicensing with a free license (long shot, but maybe...).

I can't remember who I had this discussion with but someone Wikimedia
UK-related, I'm sure. Basically, one thing we could do once we have charity
status is actually approach the Houses of Parliament and for some volunteers
affiliated with WMUK to become official photographers, and to include that
in the list of things MPs either have to or are encouraged to do when they
return after the next election.

This is the sort of thing we can do as a chapter even if doing it as an
individual is a pain in the ass.

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>