On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:34:49 -0500, Anthony wrote:

> Put 184.172.174.94 for wikipediareview.com in your hosts file.
> (Fortunately, as SOPA has not passed, this is legal :)).

Like I'm gonna go reconfiguring my own system just to get around the
fact that those guys can't keep their act together well enough to
properly manage their domain registration?

It appears that wikipediareview.org also belongs to them and has not
yet expired, but unfortunately they have it set up to redirect to the
nonfunctional .com domain.  (I personally would have done the
redirection the opposite way, since it's a noncommercial criticism
and discussion site, more logically done as a .org rather than
implying commerciality with .com; Wikipedia itself switched from .com
to .org when it went noncommercial.)  They could easily make their
site accessible again simply by setting up the .org domain to point
directly at the site instead of redirecting, but probably that
configuration is in the hands of the same person who failed to renew
the other domain, maybe a different person than whoever manages the
web hosting itself.  I could never untangle the details of the
ownership/management of that site, which has sometimes been in heated
dispute.

--
== Dan ==