This system might work for the us market, but we already discussed
that it does not work as well for india or other places.
anyway, there have been enough people who have thanked me and given me
positive feedback to continue with it.
I just want permission to let people know they have been archived, but
it seems that this is not going to get approval.
mike

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Alan Liefting <alieft...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> It is "spamish".
>
> As for the concept of the speedy deletion wiki it is comparable to filing
> pieces of paper with all manner of poor quality draft articles intended for
> publication that will normally be thrown away.  We do not need to keep every
> last bit of digital diarrhoea from now until eternity.
>
> The speedy deletion process on Wikipedia is pretty damn conservative, so if
> they say it is rubbish then it is definitely rubbish.
>
> Your efforts to archive deleted pages and promoting the process does
> absolutely nothing to help Wikipedia.
>

> Alan
>

> On 8/07/2012 11:44 p.m., Mike Dupont wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Telling a user that I took the effort to archive thier article is
>> considered spam? What if you are the author? Dont you have the right
>> to know?
>>
>> See this :
>>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:John_doe_london&action=history
>> (cur | prev) 09:10, 8 July 2012‎ Mrmatiko (talk | contribs)‎ . .
>> (4,816 bytes) (-158)‎ . . (Undid revision 501206682 by Mdupont (talk)
>> spam) (undo)
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mdupont#Promotional_edits
>> and my message back
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mrmatiko#Spam.3F
>>
>> I have reverted the template to not have a link to the wikia, for now.
>> I would like some support for my project and protection to contact
>> users about the deleted articles.
>>
>> thanks,
>> mike

James Michael DuPont