There is a  fundamental difference between our inefficient and
sometimes unsuccessful attempts to do things right, and their
deliberate attempts to do things wrong.

And there is also a difference, though a smaller one, between an
individual's misguided attempt to fix what he perceives as injustice
towards themselves, and a commercial concern's deliberate attempt to
violate or evade  for money what they must know are our rules . Nobody
can perceive whitewashing as proper, though they may think it
something they can get away with.

And we also need to realize that the more we stop improper efforts,
the more people trying to make them will complain. Avoiding complaints
is not our measure of success; avoiding justified complaints is.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 12 November 2012 16:30, Steve Summit <s...@eskimo.com> wrote:
>> Ken Arromdee wrote:
>>> When they say that Wikipedia's proces for fixing articles is
>>> "opaque, time-consuming and cumbersome", they are *correct*.
>>
>> Well, yeah, but.  Right (sorta) conclusion, wrong reason.
>>
>> It can always be improved, but I don't think our "process" for
>> fixing articles is *that* bad.  And, in any case, it wasn't at
>> all so cumbersome that it kept Finsbury from whitewashing the
>> article!
>
> The real point, surely, is whether the word "needlessly" can be
> shoehorned in front of "cumbersome".
>
> Charles

David Goodman

DGG at the enWP