On 5 March 2014 22:04, Brian J Mingus <brian.min...@colorado.edu> wrote:

> Wikipedia's policies are irrelevant: This phenomenon has entered the
> lexicon, and is now well known simply due to its existence in Wikipedia.
> Since the phenomenon didn't have a well known name, I've been telling
> people about it for quite some time now, and it has recently enjoyed a huge
> surge in popularity, *due to its existence on Wikipedia*.

At least we killed "analogue disc record" before it entered English.

> The article should reinstated, a section concerning the unique nature of
> its notability should be added.

This argument doesn't seem to convince (though that does resemble
reasonable popularity). The fourth AFD notes the problem in this case:
really crappy sources. The sort of thing that would lead me to !vote
"delete without prejudice".

I recall finding a list somewhere of article titles that got lots of
hits but didn't have articles, but don't recall where. I may be
misremembering of course.

- d.