Hi Joan,
Op 13-6-2011 9:18, Joan Creus schreef:
It would be definitely great. But unfortunately, in the documentation
there is the message:
Note: the Geocoding API may only be used in conjunction with a Google
map; geocoding results without displaying them on a map is prohibited.
For complete details on allowed usage, consult the Maps API Terms of
Service License Restrictions
<http://code.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html#section_10_12>.
We're displaying the items on a map, just not right away :-)
So... maybe we could contact Google? No commercial usage, maybe they
would accept it.
I'm a bit afraid of the big bureaucratic monster.
Maarten
Joan.
2011/6/13 Maarten Dammers <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>>
Hi everyone,
I was looking at the statistics [1] and I noticed we have quite some
items without coordinates. Did anyone already try to use the Google
Geocoding API [2] to get the coordinates? Would probably be a good way
to quickly get a lot of items on the map.
Maarten
[1]
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011/Monuments_database#Statistics
[2] http://code.google.com/intl/nl/apis/maps/documentation/geocoding/
_______________________________________________
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu