2011/6/14 Nuno Tavares <[email protected]>: > Strainu, > > We put a tool to manually fill in the gaps, where we use the technique > of positioning as near as possible using municipaly, district, Portugal > with gmaps API). If you're willing to manually fill in the coordinates, > I can pass you the code (you should adapt it to you database schema, > though): > http://wlm.wikimedia.pt/tools/plist > > As a quick start, I'd suggest you to get a dump of wikipedia and import > some coordinates from templates like {{coord}}, etc, although the > optimal would be to get lists from official sources....
Thanks for the offer Nuno. Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have the time to handle this. My preference would still be to use the OSM data, as I have all the villages there from official sources. I was merely pointing out that a generic solution might not work due to limitations in the data from different countries. I hope I'll get around to doing this before the contest. If I don't, well, too bad, I'll have to wait till next year :) Strainu _______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
