I am starting to realize there are a bunch of great minds on this
mailinglist and I feel confident that this WLM project is going to result in
some very clever Bots.
Nuno, I definitely would appreciate any and all help on auto-categorizing!
Andre, are you referring to this template:
{{Information field|name=Rijksmonument|value={{Rijksmonument|2542}}}}
Because I noticed it dumped this picture into the category "Monuments and
Memorials in Amsterdam" when it should have placed it into "Rijksmonumenten
in Amsterdam":
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:De_Groote_Keijser_6.jpg
2011/8/3 Andre Koopal <[email protected]>
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:27:12AM +0100, Nuno Tavares wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > - Up to now, I'm expected that the categories get automatically placed,
> > either from the form, or a post-bot-run. Eventually there are others:
> > manually inserted, like "Palaces in Portugal", and those related to
> > geolocalization that don't interfere with anything, I believe.
> >
> Just picking out this one. Yes, in NL a lot of categorisation was
> automated,
> either directly (I believe rijksmonument and the wlm category), or by bot.
>
> As you know in which town a monument-id is, you can even do the
> location-based categories via the bot. For NL we also had a 'type' field,
> due to which we could categorize into categories like
> 'churches in the netherlands'.
>
> And yes, categories are important, it makes the objects findable. That is
> why having the id with the upload is important, via the id and databases
> with information, you can automate a lot.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
>
_______________________________________________
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu