Maarten, I didn't loaded the list into a database, but rather fetch the page, parse it, and cache it.
I reinforce the appeal for all participating countries to fill in their appropriate sponsors/partners at: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011/sponsors This includes the EUropean sponsors! Here is the tool: http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org.pt/tools/sponsors/index.php GET parameters: * format= json,php,html (I'll have to remember how to JSONP-it) * refresh= 1 (reload cache) * filter= countrycode(pt,es,...,'eu' for international, random for a random sponsor) Example: all Portuguese sponsors, rendered in HTML: http://www.wikilovesmonuments.org.pt/tools/sponsors/index.php?format=html&filter=pt PS: I just re-read your request (too late), and noticed you were more concerned about the visually niceness :P which is definitely not my department. If someone have interesting ideas of *how* to display europe-wide partners, I might help implementing it. -- Nuno Tavares Wikimedia Portugal http://www.wikimedia.pt Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a fazer. Participe também: http://www.wikimedia.pt Em 27-07-2011 21:11, Maarten Dammers escreveu: > Hi everyone, > > Op 27-7-2011 2:26, Nuno Tavares schreef: >> Great, we're in sync, then. >> >> I've just added sponsors for PT. >> > I changed > https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2011/sponsors > > a bit to use a template and added some more partners/sponsors. Can other > countries please add their partners/sponsors too? > I plan to put this in a database and output it in JSON(P) for easy > reuse. Nuno, Elke, Hay, someone else? Can you make something visually > nice of this? > > Maarten > > > _______________________________________________ > Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments > http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu > _______________________________________________ Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
