This is strange, because in the office we all use this wifi network and 
I haven't seen anyone having issues with it.

Make sure that you connect to the network with ESSID "3com1".

/Manuel

Am 08.07.2010 11:00, schrieb Takashi OTA:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the Baltic Philharmonic. While I'm able to use wifi now,
> but it seems some wifi adapters or tools are not good to communicate with...
> It actually link on the wifi layer, but the DHCP server fails to
> deliver valid IP
> addresses, resulting to show the local link IP address (like 169.254.x.x).
>
> - Lenovo's ThinkVantage Access Connections (on the ThinkPad): failed
> - Intel's PROSet Wireless WiFi utility: succeeded, but sometimes failed
> - iPad: mostly failed, but sometimes succeeded
> - iPhone: mostly failed, but sometimes succeeded
>
> I'm not sure why such a phenomenon happens, or whether it depends on
> the wifi adapters or not, anyway, hopes this helps someone.
>
> --Takashi
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>

-- 
Regards
Manuel Schneider

Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
www.wikimedia.ch

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Reply via email to