I also made corrections on the talk page of the file, so you can check
there :) there are (were) two incorrect answers -- the board (which we
prepared before I was seated :) ) and the Polish top contrib's name is
off. Also there was some argument about how to phrase the various
questions which I tried to clarify.

And, credit where credit's due... the questions came from:
Angela Beesley
Jeromy-Yu Chan
Rand Montoya
Liam Wyatt
Me

Peter Gehres did the lions's share of the work of formatting, making
q&a sheets, advertising the night, etc.

Thanks to SJ for reading the questions for me; I was too hoarse to do
it (and too busy arguing with our polish proprietor). And the whole
idea was originally Liam's, with contributions from Pharos, yours
truly, and others :)

As I said, edit this trivia...
phoebe


--
[email protected] | http://phoebeayers.info
support Wikimedia: http://donate.wikimedia.org




On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:29 AM, Peter Gehres <[email protected]> wrote:
> Indeed it is.  We discovered that while grading but neglected to update the
> answers. Funny knowing that the questions and answers were written by Phoebe
> and mostly on the day of (i.e. the day after she was elected).
> The file has been updated.
> Peter
>
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Lodewijk <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>>
>> just for the record... the answer to the board question seems to be
>> incorrect :) It should be 19... (but I guess that this file was prepared
>> before the announcements :) )
>>
>> 2010/7/21 Ray Saintonge <[email protected]>
>>>
>>> Harel Cain wrote:
>>> > There would also be a 24-hour lounge right at the venue which I think
>>> > should be very good for things like late-night trivia....
>>> >
>>> > Harel
>>> >
>>> Hopefully we will e able to hear the questions a little better.
>>>
>>> Ray
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Wikimania-l mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimania-l mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimania-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l
>
>

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Reply via email to