2011/1/20 Daniel Kinzler <dan...@brightbyte.de>:
> So, I would like to propose to have a Q/A session where the community can
ask
> questions to developers. I'd like to do this during Wikimania proper, so
> everyone has a chance to attend.
>
> The question is: are people interested? Or is it just my silly idea?

It's an excellent idea, but it may be a bit hard to implement.

There are a dozen or so bugs in Bugzilla which are very important to me, and
i think that they are quite important for the whole WM community and i keep
wondering when will they finally be fixed. But dozens of other people have
dozens of other bugs which are important to them. Put them all in one room
with a few developers, and most likely a very little fraction of the
people's questions will be answered.

It doesn't mean that such a session shouldn't be held, but this problem
should be kept in mind. One idea is to prepare the people who will
participate in it that it will be a very "first-come-first-served" thing and
to tell the people to prepare their questions precisely (e.g. to have the
bug number) or maybe even to submit their questions in advance. Also, there
can be a kind of a preparatory lecture explaining how the developers work in
general, how do they decide on which bugs to work, etc.