Metro trains and all buses should be running as Fourth of July celebrations 
will attract thousands to the city.    See Metro 
website:http://www.wmata.com/index.cfm  Of course there are always taxis and 
shuttle buses.  See airport transportation.  If you walk out of the 
National/Reagan airport, btw, you may be able to catch the fireworks, as one of 
the viewing areas is next to the airport.  Was just there yesterday and 
preperations are being made for the large crowds.

Hi,

I asked this on the wiki, but got no response; so I'm hoping someone here can 
advise me.

I'll be arriving in DC early, to be a tourist for a few days, and my plane 
lands at 6pm local time on 4th July. As it's a holiday, what sort of service 
will be running, to get me to Hostelling International?


Also, I'm a birder, and would like to see my first US birds during those 
pre-Wikimania days Are there any local Wikimedians who are also birders (or who 
know any), and who could spare an hour or two to accompany me to a suitable 
open space, and help me out with basic ID?


--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l





_______________________________________________
Wikimania-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimania-l

Reply via email to