I think it is totally fair to count this as costs - however, you're right
that you should also try to estimate the other side of the equation: gains.
The conversation between two staff members is a gain, as is community
liaison work. Improved networks too, etc. But this is all much more
subjective and harder to measure or even estimate.

Lodewijk