There are several issues I want to comment:
1-First of all. Do you have permission from Gerard to publish your
conversation? Maybe there is something confidential in it, Did you care to
check?
2- Scholarship is not award or trophy, bear that in mind.
3- People are expected to come here and learn, communicate, etc. that's why
a same person gets scholarship,
4- No one's wife got scholarship because of being wife of someone. They
probably are prominent contributors too.
5- Check my first question and answer that. (Emphasizing)

Best

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:05 AM Osmar Valdebenito <
b1mbo.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but when I read "No regular Wikimedian get any scholarship", I
> stopped reading.
> It is not only a lie, but also very unfair to all the extremely great
> Wikimedians that attended and made great contributions in Wikimania, and
> also the volunteers that have helped now and in the past reviewing and
> evaluated thousand of applications in the Scholarship Committee.

>> Hi,
>>
>> [ Since my question was repeatedly handled as my desperation of inability
>> to achieve the scholarship, I had to wait until Wikimania finished. :-) And
>> also this is not about someone going to Wikimanias again and again, it
>> is about granting Wikimania scholarships to same persons again and again]
>>
>> I hope I could ask some questions directly:
>>
>> * Why scholarship committee selecting same persons again and again for
>> years?
>> * What are the advantages to local community / Wikimedia of having a
>> "permanent" Wikimania scholarship holder?
>> * Why no regular Wikimedian get any scholarship, eventhough a developer's
>> wife got scholarships in multiple years even without any kind of
>> significant contributions?
>> * Is this scholarship committee solely depend on the "selling point"
>> provided by the applicant?
>> * Even now none of the Wikimanians shared anything with our community
>> about Wikimania, we even didn't see them anywhere near wikis. Did they
>> attend the Wikimania? How could we get their contributions to the Mania?
>>
>> A slightly elaborated conversation is attached below (direction: bottom
>> to top), I got no clarity even after that. Please help.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Praveen P
>> User:Praveenp (ml.wp, commons, translatewiki)

>>> Praveen. P