I think what we're looking for is probably not online yet.

I've personally gone following these values and trying to get a tally for
them. It was a dead end. I thought maybe my search-fu skills weren't good
so didn't bother.

That 75% nicely phrased sentence probably has been in every year's criteria
outline, BUT, I doubt it's ever been met.

The global south that gets more percentage on paper, but smaller percentage
in reality, kinda awesome!

Perhaps, there's not been enough applicants to exhaust such a percentage.
On the other hand, many Africans probably did or do apply, but duh, it's
hard to know the applied:accepted ratio in union with the holy grail 75%.

I tried getting deeper into the actual figures some 3 or 4 years or so ago,
and I ended up stopping.

And has there ever been any official explanation relating to such values?
As in, if the 75% is not met, is there any document explaining what
happened?

I've gone down this witch-hunt road before and I came back with nothing but
sore eyes and weakened muscles. It's a long stretch.

It's Wikimania, isn't it? 😕😕