Hi Isaac,
running such statistics is always a bit tricky. You make lots of
assumptions. One being that the number of serious applications is
distributed in a certain way. As I understand it, the quality of the
application also plays a role, which can definitely impact distribution
between countries. Fact is, that there is right now simply not enough
information to draw conclusions.

Also please note that many many scholarships are actually distributed
through chapters - which gives even an odder distribution across countries,
letting applicants in some countries benefit over the fact that there is an
active office in their country that can run a budget of sufficient size.
Some chapters try to compensate for that by also allowing applicants from a
selection of other countries (like Poland does). So for a real analysis,
one should include all these too.

Lodewijk