Hello John.
Am 29.07.2018 um 23:40 schrieb John Hendrik Weitzmann:
> Nobody here seems to doubt that we need norms, especially at and around
> events.

I was at 2 Wikimanias, 5 WikiCons, several workshops and meetings, and
nearly 2 dozen of WMDE-chapter-meeting – and only the very least of them
had a written down policy: And we managed to survive too. Even better,
because we had no unneeded arguments about a policy.

When I go to a meeting of Wikipedians I want to talk with people. I
don’t want to worry about if my current behavior is in line with the
current policy. I will respect the other people around me, I will try to
not make them uncomfortable, and if there is a problem (for example:
being too loud) I expect that somebody will talk to me, and I’m sure
that there will be a solution.
I don’t need a list of norms that somebody defined who may had a
different cultural background – or even worse: the intersecting set of
what is ok in all cultures (that may/will be the empty set).

Good night.
DaB.

--
Benutzerseite: [[:w:de:User:DaB.]]
PGP: 0x7CD1E35FD2A3A158 (pka funktioniert)