Andrew Leung wrote:
> Exactly, currently the only serious contender is Montreal's bid so
> there's definitely room for Toronto's bid. These 2 bids are not
> mutually exclusive to each other. Speaking of the government, does
> anyone know if (and how) the discussions about funding will be
> affected when our legislature got prorogued?

The proroguing would have no effect at all.  We are talking about a
Wikimania that would take place in the summer of 2011.  Thus any funding
would be a part of appropriations for the government fiscal year ending
March 31, 2012.  The budget for that year would only be tabled in early
2011.  Will Harper still be in power then?

Ray