Thank you all for the replies, I need some time to process this information.

Cheers
Yaroslav

1. What is the average lifetime of a Wikipedia editor (for instance the one with at leat 1000 contributions)? I recollect smth about two years, but I am pretty sure I have never seen any research on this. How does it depend
on the number of contributions?

2. What are the main reasons why these editors stop editing? Is this
correct, for instance, that external reasons are much more important than internal (on-wiki troubles and wiki-related harassment) reasons? The same
for say those above 10000 edits?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Yaroslav