On 15 June 2012 13:21, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall seeing any, but did anyone actually explain why the
> market had not provided a filtering solution for Wikipedia, if there's
> actually a demand for one?

I think we had this conversation almost a year ago ;-)

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2011-September/114562.html
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2011-September/114569.html
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2011-September/115530.html

are my comments from the last round.

In short: the almost complete absence of anyone doing *anything*
clever in terms of reusing and repurposing our content strongly
suggests that there are practical barriers to doing so in general,
rather than the flaws with any specific model of what it is they want
to do.

(Alternatively, it might suggest there's no demand at all for any
meaningfully variant derivatives of Wikipedia, which is a demoralising
thought..)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk