On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 June 2012 16:02, David Richfield <davidrichfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This must be the most misleading mailing list title I've seen in a
>> long time.  Almost all of these tropes are untouched:
>> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SexualHarassmentAndRapeTropes?from=Main.RapeTropes
>> - it seems they just had a problem with Google withdrawing ad revenue
>> because they hadn't clearly demarcated all the pages which were not OK
>> according to Google's terms.
>

> This is pretty much completely wrong, as you'd know if you'd read the
> links at the beginning. The pages were already marked "don't put ads
> here". Google objected to their presence on the site at all. The pages
> were removed, the internet said "wtf" and TVtropes has now restored
> them without hearing back from Google.

Wow, they moved fast!  I read the blog post and then went to check,
and found the supposedly deleted articles up, less than a full day
after the original mailing list email, so I assumed there had to be
some mistake.  How long were the articles actually deleted?

--
David Richfield
[[:en:User:Slashme]]