I should say that I was involved in some discussion as an admin/functionary, in the block of this user on en-wp, before the office action happened. I've seen some of the evidence independently of the office, and based on evidence I've seen as a volunteer, I support the global lock. Beta M was not a user I was comfortable with having on en-wp, or indeed on any project. I can't go into details any more than the office can, but I hope that, as a volunteer (and sort of a trusted one), you can trust me.
I can, I think, say that there was a very, very good reason that this user was blocked. Very, very good. Richard (User: Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry) as a volunteer On 3 July 2012 19:40, Nathan <[email protected]> wrote: > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Deryck Chan <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > On 3 July 2012 19:08, Nathan <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > I love it when people send e-mails to the public list, and purposefully > > > refrain from actually discussing the actual events at issue. You have > to > > > read 3/4ths of the e-mail to get an idea that it's about someone being > > > blocked, but you still don't know why, when, or by whom. > > > > > > > That's precisely the crux of the problem: office actions often aren't > > properly explained and documented. No one who wasn't involved in the > > original "office action" decision really knows why, when, or by whose > > authority was the office action taken out. > > > > > > > Except as I then described, in fact the specifics are known - it was done > at Sue's request, in mid-March, after she consulted with the GC and after > Jimbo weighed in. Several other WMF staffers then commented about its > status as an office action and their inability to publicly justify it. I > understand why people will have a problem with that reply, it's just > irritating to get a discussion prompt with vague allusions that you then > have to go digging through in order to understand what the heck is going on > :-P > _______________________________________________ > Wikimedia-l mailing list > [email protected] > Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l > _______________________________________________ Wikimedia-l mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
