On 26 July 2012 02:57, Kim Bruning <k...@bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 09:48:50PM +0200, Svip wrote:
> > Oh and here is a fun fact I have discovered over the years; reading
> > large texts of a serif typeface is a lot easier than a sans-serif
> > typeface.
>

> See, I'm *not* crazy to think that! <phew>
>
> That's why I still use the classic skin, it's the only skin that
> has serif fonts for body text. :-/

Serif vs. sans for legiblity: the jury's still out. It's been a contentious
question for ages (see
http://alexpoole.info/blog/which-are-more-legible-serif-or-sans-serif-typefaces/
for
a discussion, with plenty of sources, in 2008).

The one thing we know for sure is that as displays get better and better,
we'll be able to approach paper typography better and better.

Incindentally, you can safely switch to Vector and edit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Yourusername/vector.css to contain
something like

#bodyContent { font-family: Georgia, serif; }

(Change "Georgia" to your favourite serif font or leave it out to have the
browser choose a default).

Michel