Le 18/02/2013 20:35, Nathan a écrit :
Cyrano - I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature
of the Board. It is self-perpetuating in every respect; the elections
are advisory only, and the actual appointment of Board members is
executed by the existing Board. The organization has no members, and
no one who is not on the Board has any power or authority to exercise
over the Board or the WMF. This merely describes the legal reality of
the WMF and the Board.

Nathan, you misunderstood me. We agree on the legal reality that you describe. I'm discussing two points: 1) community's majority is not guaranteed in the Board of Trustees, and 2) relying on paid third parties for the process of appointing one of the five "expert" seats is not neutral. Handling and filtering the candidates, and thus the list to choose from is a form of influence. Allowing such influence when you don't have the majority is a risk for the community.