On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM, ENWP Pine <deyntest...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to ask you or Gayle about how aggressive WMF is about recruiting
> outside of SF.

I'm not Gayle or Garfield, but here's some simple data on the most recent hires:

Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile - to be announced shortly - remote, not relocating
Sr. Software Engineer, Mobile - to be announced shortly - remote,
relocating to SF
Ops Engineer (offer pending) - remote, not relocating
Greg Grossmeier, Release Manager - SF
Ed Sanders, Software Engineer, remote, not relocating
Brad Jorsch, Software Engineer, remote, probably relocating
Munagala Ramanath, Sr. Software Engineer, remote, relocating

Contractors:
Marc-Andre Pelletier, Software Engineer, remote
Kirsten Menger-Anderson, Technical Writer, SF

So the general answer is, yes, we're aggressively [*] looking
internationally, and we're aggressively hiring internationally, with
the caveat that some positions are strongly preferred to (ultimately)
be SF-based to function effectively.

Erik

[*] When it comes to persistence and thoroughness. In actual candidate
interactions aggression would be somewhat misplaced. ;-)
--
Erik Möller