Le 2013-04-16 16:58, Marc A. Pelletier a écrit :
On 04/16/2013 04:48 AM, Mathieu Stumpf wrote:
but I suppose that our project also attract more homophobic minds and so
on.

That has not been my experience.  I think much of the perception of
"liberal bias" is actually caused by the generally widespread acceptance
of the average anglophone Wiki[mp]edian towards diversity; at least
comparatively to the societies they primarily represent.


All my apologies, I wanted to write "I suppose that our project also attract *some* homophobic minds".



My hypothesis is that -- pretty much be definition -- a group of people
rallying together under the banner of Open Knowledge has a strong
natural aversion to the kind of obscurantism and information control
that is necessary for prejudice and discrimination. While there may be
individuals that have problems, the group's natural flow will work
against it.

-- Marc

I agree and it's also my experience. Also while free software movement seems to have bigger problem with women arrassement, the wider free culture movement seems less affected. However androcracy being a general society problem, I suppose you may expect to find that kind of comportement in our movement too.

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to