I have been working on translation of Wikimedia Blog post written by
James, into Japanese.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Try_out_the_alpha_version_of_the_VisualEditor,_now_in_15_languages

To grasp actual behavior of VisualEditor and reflect it translation, I
myself enabled VisualEditor as well.
James wrote:
"Once enabled, for each article you can edit, you will get a second
editor tab labelled “VisualEditor” next to the “Edit” tab."
However, it seems that the new "Edit" tab now works as VisualEditor
and "Edit source" tab works as former "Edit" did.
Is that correct? Or am I confusing?

--Takashi

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Benjamin Chen <[email protected]> wrote:
> I tested it on zh.wikipedia. Plain text are sometimes recognised as 'can't be 
> edited with VisualEditor', Trying to insert/delete line breaks significantly 
> messed up the page… not even sure how to file a bug because I can't properly 
> describe the issue...
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Benjamin Chen / [[User:Bencmq]]
>
> On 26 Apr, 2013, at 1:09 AM, James Forrester <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On 18 April 2013 17:32, James Forrester <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> TL;DR: VisualEditor will be deployed on 14 new Wikipedias next week as an
>>> opt-in alpha. Your assitance is requested to inform your wikis about this
>>> and help get the software translated.
>>
>> This is now done (for de, nl, fr, it, ru, es, sv, pl, ja, ar, he, hi,
>> ko, and zh). Grateful for feedback, bug reports and suggestions of how
>> we can improve the VisualEditor for you.
>>
>> Yours,
>> --
>> James D. Forrester
>> Product Manager, VisualEditor
>> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> [email protected] | @jdforrester
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikimedia-l mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to