On 03/06/2013 10:49, Ziko van Dijk wrote:
The case already cost money to the WMF, because of the time invested by our
legal counsel. As with the Loriot stamps and the office action then, it's
not worth to loose (even more) money for it. That might look different in a
different legal system and with better odds.
I am not quite happy with making this a moral question about 'standing up
to bullies', Peter. If you want to fight bullying, there is a lot to do
within the Wikipedia editing community...
Kind regards
Ziko

This has already been raised in this thread, but I want to emphaise can we please not equate everyone who enforces their trademarks as bullies. If a trademark holder do not enforces their trademark, they lose the trademark. Enforcing ones trademark is what a trademark holder is suppose to do. Now we can argue that the WTO is being overly broad in their interpretation of the similarity between the two logos, then the question becomes whether the Wikivoyage logo is worth spending the money fighting over.

KTC

--
Katie Chan
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author

     - Heinrich Heine