Kevin Behrens, 18/02/2013 17:33:
Hello!

I have started a proposal for a new wiki project: WikiLang 
(meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiLang). It is about endangered languages and 
language documentation/decipherment. It is a very important step in order to 
save our linguistic diversity which is ongoing faster than the extinction of 
animals. Most of our languages are highly endangered and there are pessimistic 
estimations that by 2100 90% of them will be extinct. So, please support the 
project and vote for it and/or give your feedback! (I for myself belong to a 
language minority and I can tell how important this is.) Thanks a lot!

For months I failed to see the rationale of the proposal, now I think I got it. <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:WikiLang&diff=prev&oldid=5544573> It's about an unstructured collection of content and discussions, so instead of spending time requesting a Wikimedia project I personally suggest you to create a Wikia wiki and/or to ask http://www.endangeredlanguages.com/ a wiki under their domain, integrated with their forums or whatever they use.

Nemo

_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l

Reply via email to