Thanks for the quick reply, Hans!  If our representatives would (for
example) translate an English company page into Norwegian, and then
explain the edits on the talk page, and identify their conflict of
interest on their user pages and also the article talk page, would you
expect that that would be seen as fair and transparent by the
Norwegian Wikipedia community?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Hans A. Rosbach
<hans.a.rosb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In no-wp we have a policy that usernames shall be for individuals and thus
> typical company usernames are blocked and asked to request change of names.
> These users then have no restrictions on which pages to edit. As long as we
> don't demand identification of users, restrictions on edits would IMO be
> futile anyway.
>
> Hans A. Rosbach / User:Haros
>

> On 21 October 2013 15:14, David Richfield <davidrichfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I'm not editing Wikimedia projects, I work for Mondelez
>> International, and our Social Media team has contacted me for advice
>> on responsible engagement with Wikipedia.  I know that different
>> language projects have different rules on whether company
>> representatives should:
>>
>> * Edit pages directly or only ever edit talk pages
>> * Edit under their own names or under company names
>>
>> What are the rules for the Nordic languages?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>
>> --
>> David Richfield