Samuel Klein, 06/02/2014 22:41:
How could they improve attribution?

What Phoebe said. A link to each history page *might* be enough but, especially if they're ebooks, a full list of names costs little (even though it can be ugly).

What download formats or APIs would we like to see to enable reposting
to Wikibooks, or better cross-platform collaboration?

Making books or ebooks out of wiki pages is not a trivial task. If a publisher does so for us, fantastic! Even just giving "us", i.e. the public, a copy of said ebooks in a free format, for free, would be a gain. For instance, they could just upload them all as ePub on archive.org. Then, if they have a continuous production and update, Wikibooks could establish some interlinking, telling users that there is an ebook version at X.

Is anyone on wikibooks currently working on importing such materials,
in Tamil or English or other languages?

Do they have any original content? In that case it would be nice if their "fork" shared the sources with us, so that the content can be remixed. I doubt they use wikitext and at least for some time we won't have an integrated HTML import in MediaWiki, but having TeX or DocBook sources, or whatever, would be great.

Nemo