On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Charles Andrès <
charles.andres.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> TLDR:transform the thank you campaign after the fundraising  in a "Thank
> you campaign: became an editor"

We've tried this before and so far it hasn't worked very well. See results
from 2012-13 at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Donor_engagement/Thank_You_campaign

Generally speaking, we're moving away from trying to use banners to blast
lots of readers with the same messages. That's true in both fundraising
(where they've learned to only show someone a donation request 1-2 times)
and in editor engagement work. Our next work trying to convert unregistered
people to become editors is going to be focusing on targeting anonymous
editors, asking them to signup, and teaching them about the benefits of
having an account so they can make an informed choice. See draft docs at:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anonymous_editor_acquisition

Steven