On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Frédéric Schütz <sch...@mathgen.ch> wrote:

> Within Wikimedia CH, this is an idea that we have discussed a few years
> ago: how can we support software and other communities that our
> community depends on, while avoiding to just give away money. In the
> end, we supported financially one edition of the Libre Graphics Meeting.

That's a great choice! LGM is a fantastic meeting and directly relates
to tools that support content contributors in our projects.

> As an aside, coming back to software, I have noted that the WMF gets
> gets a special thank you note on the git-annex web page
> (https://git-annex.branchable.com/thanks/); is it a tool that has been
> supported financially ? (and, I assume, a tool that the WMF uses
> regularly) ?

As I recall we contracted with Joey (the maintainer) to do some
development work that relates to the git-based deployment tooling we
use for some services.

Cheers,
Erik

--