Yes - *assume good faith *because it can make all the difference in any
relationship.

Or - if one finds "assuming good faith" seems naive, try acknowledging that
people do the best they can with the information they have at any given
moment;

Or - if acknowledging people do the best they can doesn't work, allow that
we humans (each and every one of us) make many mistakes in a life time;

Or - if you have never made any mistakes, please let me know how in the
world you managed to avoid them :-)

Take care, Amy

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Erlend Bjørtvedt <erl...@wikimedia.no>wrote:

> Carry on.
>
> Asume good faith.
>
> Edit the Wikipedia.
>
> Controbute as you can.
>
> Avoid pov.
>

> Erlend bjørtvedt
> Oslo
>

> Den torsdag 17. april 2014 skrev Zack Exley <zex...@wikimedia.org>
> følgende:
>
> > I haven't read this thread, but I'll explain my editing history as
> > Wikitedium:
> >
> > First of all, I listed my user name as soon as I started at Wikipedia.
> It's
> > still listed here on my (out of date) staff/contractor page:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zackexley
> >
> > I did start an article about myself a long time ago. I didn't know there
> > was a policy against it. I wasn't an active editor and knew virtually no
> > policies. I created the article because right wing media personalities
> were
> > doing hit pieces on me and the Republican party was sending out emails
> > asking people to write letters to the editor about me featuring lots of
> > false facts. So I saw Wikipedia as an open encyclopedia "that anyone can
> > edit" where I could set the record straight. Later I learned it was
> against
> > policy and FELT REALLY BAD.
> >
> > As for the other edits on projects I was involved with. My personal
> opinion
> > is that those kinds of edits are vital to the future of Wikipedia. I want
> > everyone to add everything they're working on to Wikipedia -- and then
> all
> > their critics to come and add what they know. I'm saddened every time I
> go
> > looking for something I expect to be in Wikipedia and find nothing -- and
> > am forced to rely on the organization's own site or whatever.
> >
> > OK -- I think that's all you need from me. Now enjoy yourselves as you
> > continue to grind Wikipedia to a whining halt.
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > On 17 April 2014 15:23, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>>

> <javascript:;>

> > petefors...@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> > page,

> connection?

> > > Actually, it meets the requirements of the project.  It's not perfect,
> > but
> > > we have administrators who don't even give that much disclosure to
> their
> > > own alternate accounts (or that they edit without logging in), and
> > nobody's
> > > getting the pitchforks out for them.
> > >
> > > If you don't like the edits made by the account, work on-wiki to
> address
> > > the issues.  You know how to start an AfD for any articles you think
> are
> [...]

*Amy Vossbrinck*
*Executive Assistant to the*
*Chief of Finance and Administration, Garfield Byrd*
*Wikimedia Foundation*
*149 New Montgomery Street*
*San Francisco, CA 94105*
*415.839.6885  ext 6628*