On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 April 2014 22:05, Nathan <nawr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You haven't mentioned it on this list, but you actually accused Zack of
> > violating the sockpuppetry policy on his talk page, and you threaten to
> > "pursue further action." But the most cursory review of the sockpuppetry
> > policy, which I assume you performed before making an accusation, reveals
> > that even if he had not disclosed the Wikitedium account he would hardly
> > have violated any part of the rules. Perhaps your personal feelings have
> > indeed influenced your behavior here. You may want to reconsider further
> > involvement.
>

> +1
>
> I did acknowledge that I had missed that, in my response to Erik, in my
response to Zack and Risker, and also in the notes I've left on both user
accounts' talk pages.
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2014-April/071203.html(email
to Zack/Risker not yet archived)

My understanding of the sock puppet policy is apparently not perfect. But I
stand my my personal and professional understanding of what the best
practices are for disclosure, for somebody in a leadership position in the
Wikimedia movement.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]