Thanks for sharing your frustrations. I also notice that the word "dataset"
has many interpretations that we should delimit first its meaning, or at
least add some clarification. For instance "dataset" can be interpreted as
a:
- static data table: just a table containing some information in each
fields and that gets updated/versioned as a whole
- collections of files and their associated metadata: what the GLAMs release
- an object and its representations

My intention was that the RFC only refers to the first interpretation of
the word "dataset", that is "static data tables". Sorry if my use of the
word caused some misunderstanding, I will try to make it more clear in the
RFC.

The issues that you mention in your email are not related to the RFC scope,
however they deserve attention. I have identified the following subtopics:
1. Change a page of a djvu
2. Dirty metadata from GLAMs
3. Not reconizing the good job done by Commons
4. Files associated with a concept
5. Users not classifying their data in proper subcategories
6. Showing gaps in our coverage
7. Files as parts of a real object item

To keep this thread on-topic, I will address them in a separate email that
I will call it "Dealing with GLAM data". I hope you don't mind.

Micru

Etiamsi omnes, ego non