On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Wil Sinclair <w...@wllm.com> wrote:

> If that was not for public eyes,

All: My last message to the list was indeed intended for a specific
individual, not the list. But there's nothing in it I want to back away
from, it's an accurate reflection of my (still evolving) views.

Wil, on the propriety of talking behind your back: I don't think I did
anything wrong here. If we had a relationship, I'd probably have reached
out to you, to make sure I understood you right or to try to persuade you
to change your behavior, before talking to others. But we haven't spoken
before, and I have no reason to think that would have a worthwhile outcome.
I'm pretty confident that there are dozens -- no, hundreds -- of opinions
forming in the heads and conversations of the various people who read this
list, and I'm pretty sure that is entirely appropriate. Would you want a
personal message about every one of them? You'd have a lot of reading to do.

Also, you asked about the first line. I was referring to the American TV
show The West Wing (early 7th season). It wasn't in response to anything in
this email thread though, or anything that's happened on this list recently.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]] on English Wikipedia etc.