Trillium Corsage wrote:
>Just to say hello and introduce myself to the list. I'm a research
>professional seven years experience hoping to break into the legal field.
>I'm not 25 or anything like that though. I've done other stuff in my
>life, and I am middle-aged. How do I come here to the list? I was a
>Wikipedia (English) contributor for like six years before being blocked.
>I hope you do not infer guilt into that statement or that I'm somehow a
>bad person. I am not here to discuss that and would also ask you not to,
>of course, because it's off-topic for the list. I just say it because I'm
>introducing myself.

Welcome!

>Anyhow, my interest in this Wikimedia Foundation list is really because I
>hold the WMF responsible for Wikipedia. I reject the notion that
>Wikipedia is just some separate construct owned by the WMF, like a copy
>machine or something. And for which it is not responsible. So I come here
>to be informed by all of you and also perhaps to inform all of you.

Wikipedia pre-dates the Wikimedia Foundation and will very likely outlive
the Wikimedia Foundation. The Wikimedia Foundation is an important player
in the Wikimedia movement, but responsibility is a complex and faceted
concept and I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at here.

I'm looking forward to reading you. :-)

MZMcBride