Rjd0060 wrote:
>As for the "Volunteer Coordinator", he was Cary Bass and left the
>Foundation some time ago. See
>https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Bastique
>or https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Cary_Bass .

Indeed.

There was also a Volunteer Development Coordinator position for a bit:
<https://www.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Permalink/87987>.

The original question remains unclear to me. How are "volunteer positions
which work for the Wikimedia Foundation" defined? It seems unlikely we'll
ever have completely accurate numbers here, but even ballparking is
almost impossible without first establishing a very clear definition of
who is and is not considered a volunteer and who is and is not considered
working for the Wikimedia Foundation. And there are other important
questions such as whether we're counting people or positions (e.g.,
there is overlap between sysops and OTRS responders).

MZMcBride