As a subject of one/more hackathons I would like to recommend CoSyne [1].
CoSyne is translation and multilingual synchronisation tool. The project
was set up by Wikimedia Netherlands together with several universities and
other partners, including the EU. The tool makes it possible to translate
much more easier from one Wikipedia (etc) to another with much better
quality translations than existing translating tools. It does not matter if
an article is already written, it is possible with this tool to expand
existing articles and to update articles with a new section when on one
Wikipedia this was added. It makes it possible to exchange information in
more languages and helps users to keep the articles up-to-date.

I have tested the Bèta version of this tool and these tests were very
successful.

[1] https://nl.wikimedia.org/wiki/CoSyne

Romaine