On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 1:25 AM, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Nathan <nawr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Russavia said something nice to someone in 2013 on their retirement,
> and raised a formal complaint about an unknown CU's action in 2014.
> How are these related??
>
> That a well respected CU has retired isnt a good reason for the OC to
> not investigate a complaint, especially if that CU data was passed
> around.  It may make the investigation less fruitful, and it is a good
> reason for the outcome to be measured against the good done by the
> volunteer when they were active.  Mistakes happen.  Usually apologies
> follow, and that is the end of it, or maybe some lessons learnt bring
> about improvements to the system.
>
> --
> John Vandenberg

You're right, I misunderstood the timeline and thought Russavia had been
aware of the issue for much longer. The key aspect of the complaint is
whether the CU disclosed the information to the non-CU. Russavia is also
demanding disclosure about the circumstances of the use of the tool; this
demand is not supported by any relevant policy.