Hi Pine, I'd love to contribute. I'll mail you offlist about that, but
I have a few general questions that others may be wondering about.

Would this be similar to one of these newsletters?
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Newsletters#List_of_newsletters

If so, from your list of topics it sounds like this one might be a bit
different than the other newsletters in that material relatively
unrelated to WM/WP is fair game. Maybe I'm just a small-minded techie,
but you lost me at check fraud.

I'm assuming a how-to on how to set up a MediaWiki installation
without getting completely pwned by spammers and mals. Hint: don't let
untrusted users move and delete pages. :) Also, I'm working on
security integrations between MW and some other popular open source
projects. If anyone has anything to say about this stuff, please mail
me offlist or maybe we can take it to a more specific list.

Anyways, best of luck with wherever you guys/gals take this.

,Wil