On 2 December 2014 at 20:27, geni <geni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 December 2014 at 06:53, Lila Tretikov <l...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > All -- we will not have a pop-up banner.
> >

> And how exactly would you describe this then?
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Oversized_donation_notice.png

Pop-ups are generally considered to obscure content and prevent the
user/reader from proceeding until some sort of action is taken.  I don't
know about you, but for me none of the content was obscured (it was just
pushed down further on the page, but it was all readable), and I did not
need to do anything to see the content or use other functions like edit or
search.

So no, I don't think this is a pop-up.  It's big, and I still think the
message could be improved in a way that doesn't sound as though the funds
go to feeding the caffeine addictions of WMF staffers, but this is a lot
better than the version we saw just under a week ago.

Risker/Anne