Ryan Lane,

The whole of your post suggests that the fundraising folks are deaf. Your last
sentence doesn't make you more to the point. This makes you really
unapproachable and puts the fundraising folks into harder position as they have
to cry, beg pardon and spend time apologizing -- as if they had killed a kitten
-- before they can approach you and ask for help.

On one side, such hostile approach is something you might feel these folks
deserve for their awful mistakes. You might feel that you're being more clear
about it - but clarity doesn't really have to come at the cost of shaming and
not having made a single move toward changing the situation. We are all
learning.

We should work out measurable, actionable steps toward solving the problem.
Such steps should look pleasant, nice, encouraging, motivating, and
informative. When looking at them, everyone reading the thread should smile and
feel that they should've come up with these steps long ago (including all of
the WMF staff and the fundraising folks), and feel motivated to expand them.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_principles was mentioned in this
thread earlier as a collaboration space. It is probably a good one (although it
lacks geometry specs or any kind of time or statistics suggestions or past
analysis results). That's a wiki. It is just waiting for you to touch it and
put it in better shape.

--
svetlana