On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Michel Vuijlsteke <wikipe...@zog.org> wrote:
> I think it's more than worrying that many of the results have the
> fundraising message as a summary.

Yep, this is very problematic. Even though the content is
JavaScript-generated, Google crawls it unless it's explicitly
excluded. This came to our attention this morning SF time, and we
quickly deployed fixes on our end:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/177598/
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/177611/

This should fix the issue, but Google will need to recrawl the
affected pages. We've already reached out to our contacts there to see
if this can be done more quickly. Further background and analysis
here:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T76743

Erik

--
Erik Möller
VP of Product & Strategy, Wikimedia Foundation