Hoi,
At the time I learned that it is possible to have an EC wide status. While
local tax laws differ, it only takes one effort to have such an EC status.
Nothing was done at the time, that was/is an annoyance.

My hope is that this status will be established so that our donors can
benefit according to their local laws.
Thanks,
     GerardM