Making defamatory comments about Commons volunteers on this list is
not terribly productive, nor a very nice thing to do when anyone is
free to express their point of view in the deletion request so that a
closing admin can consider all rationales put forward, or raise it on
the user's talk page.

I commented in two chocolate 'packaging' related deletion requests
today, before this thread started, my opinion being to keep. Why don't
you join me in keeping these images in time for Christmas by making
positive comments and interpreting Commons policies in a non-hostile
environment?

*
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Belgian_pralines_boxes.jpg
*
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Files_in_Category:Tim_Tam

Alternatively, you can work to improve policies and guidelines on
commons. One key benefit is that if photographs you uploaded were
deleted under old policies but could be kept under new policies, they
can all be considered for undeletion. I suggest a good starting point
is better guidelines to interpret what "significant doubt" means in
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Project_scope/Precautionary_principle>

P.S. Stephen, you are young and handsome, in fact rather dishy to my
ageing eyes. Good for you. Keep in mind that your fellow volunteers
might not have been born so lucky, and that being young and pretty all
too soon passes into memory, sigh.

P.P.S. It might be politic for WMF employees to avoid using their
staff accounts to join in with whatever the latest witch-hunt happens
to be. I find it disturbing to see official accounts being used to
inflame arguments, when in other circumstances the same accounts are
used to give "official" positions that affect the whole Wikimedia
community.

Fae