Identifying priority areas and directing resources (funds and human) toward
them is a non-controversial way to achieve goals.

This is exactly what is happening with this targeted campaign.

The grants team has made it clear that during this round it intends to work
with people and organizations that have urgent time sensitive needs.

It is a legitimate to question whether it makes sense to keep having an
ongoing open call for grant proposals instead of a period for targeted
requests when the top priorities of the wikimedia movement are not being
addressed with the current process.

That this particular targeted campaign is not *perfectly executed* does not
take this legitimate topic off the table.

Sydney

Sydney

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight